- This event has passed.
Parent and Child Mindfulness and Mindset Workshop – September 2019
September 15th @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£47
Do you want to feel confident dealing with your child’s emotions? Do you want to help your child (and yourself) feel calmer, content, strong and well-equipped to navigate life’s challenges?
Perhaps they are experiencing anxiety, worrying a lot, maybe feeling pressure to being good enough or better than they are. Do you notice that external circumstances affect them dramatically with bursts of big emotions like anger, upset, frustration or fear?
We can relate to many of these issues as parents because despite how we act on the outside, inside many of us are out of balance too. We worry about too much, we feel pressure to be/act/perform a certain way, we feel uneasy at the pace of our lives and wish we had more time to relax, reflect and be a better parent/partner/friend.
Spaces are limited – scroll down to book your place today.
Come along to this friendly interactive workshop where you can learn together how to:
- Take your focus out of your head and enjoy paying attention to your feelings and present moment experiences by using your body, senses and breath
- Recognise your thoughts and inner voice. Discover how this affects your attitude and behaviours so you can choose to follow it, ignore it or change it!
- Get to know your visiting emotions and learn strategies to help you manage them.
- Improve communication. The way you talk to yourself in your head, talk to people in your family and the things you say out loud. We’ll also talk about NOT talking and giving ourselves more time to ‘think’ before we speak.
- Be kind and gentle with yourself (and others). Everyone needs to practice this. In a world where we compare ourselves and constantly strive to meet expectations, we need to replace criticism with compassion so we can all happily thrive. I can help you do this
“I no longer feel helpless when dealing with the emotions of my children. If he’s anxious, you’re giving me techniques and practical ideas about how I can help. It’s opening conversation and in our house we’re talking much more about how we’re feeling. You’ve really helped me to word things in a child friendly manner.” Parent
Jo Bradley is a teacher and trainer of mindfulness and mindset to primary schools and their communities. Once an assistant headteacher, and now a qualified practitioner of NLP, teacher of mindfulness and mum of two, Jo is able to support schools with her Learnful School Mindfulness and Mindset Programme, deliver mindfulness training to teachers and leaders in schools and work with parents and children to nurture happier hearts and minds in education.
Due to the nature of this workshop, I’m limiting the number of tickets to 10.
(1 ticket = 1 adult & 1 child).
This allows me to provide high quality space, room and personal interaction with all attendees.
Ticket price is £47 for 1 adult and 1 child.
Got a question? Send me an email me at email@example.com